Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that I’ve moved over to Blogger. You can find me at Sew Damned Creative now. I’m in the process of moving the posts from here over there. I hope to have you follow me there.
So, I haven’t forgotten about the things I said I wanted to do this year… here’s what I’ve done so far.
- Rebuild my wardrobe. – Knitted a new shawl. Started sewing a wardrobe staple dress that should be finished this week. Sewed a new apron (will post on this soon). I was gifted some clothing from a friend that has made my closet not look so sparse and I’ve been scooping up good deals on versatile pieces when I find them. I have obtained a number of new pairs of shoes.
- Get my craft mojo back! – I love the somewhat instant gratification of sewing so I’m focusing on that for my craft outlet for now.
- Cull excess crap from my surroundings and life. – Slowly but surely this is happening. I got rid of almost EVERY piece of clothing that I no longer loved, wore, or fit into. It was a HUGE box full.
- Land my first RN job! – I’m pretty much set for a job once I’m licensed, so now I’m focusing on reviewing for my license so I can pass that insanely brutal NCLEX. (my first attept did not go well…)
- Get our finances in better order. – Not there yet… need #4 first.
Prepare to buy our first house. Make this rental reflect us more. – Buying a house is more of a 2-3 year goal instead of a 1 year goal now, so I’ve decided that I will be making changes to this house we are renting to make it more like what we want to live in. I’m not viewing it as a temporary home for now.
- Devote more energy into my relationship with Bill. – Taking baby steps with this and making some improvement.
- Devote more energy into my relationships with Evie and Abbie. – Taking baby steps with this, also, and making improvement.
Try out for another play! – Next season was posted and nothing interests me. Maybe I’ll revisit this goal next year.
Prepare for my first competitive run. – Get healthier! – I’ve decided a competitive run is a bit ambitious for me this year. For sure it will happen next year, though. I have been working out 5 days a week, and doing pilates/jogs on rest days, for the past 2 weeks. I’ve already dropped 2 inches from my waist, 1/2 inch from my hips and 6 pounds. YAY!
- Go out and sing karaoke! – Hasn’t happened yet, but I still have hope. lol