It’s now the beginning of February and I’m wanting to check in on how I’m doing towards my goals for the year as of the end of last month.
- Sew more clothes for myself and the kids. In Progress/This is actively being worked on. I am working on scrubs for my new job (Yay!), some wardrobe essentials I’m sadly lacking, and I plan to make the girls’ Easter dresses.
- Boost my little side business, sewing custom clothing and alterations. This will become a priority this month.
- Complete the BSN portion of my RN to MSN Education degree. I’m nearly finished my first course. At my current rate I’ll be done my BSN portion of my education by October 2012. Woo hoo!
- Save money for our first house. We are budgeting and saving! Yay! We plan to rent a house this spring, for 12 months, and then buy after that lease is up.
- Improve my relationship with Bill and the kids. In Progress/Some days are better than others, but I am trying my best.
- Finish one knitted item. I started working on my in progress vintage sweater last weekend. I’ve been working on it when I have nothing to do. I hope it’s done by fall.
- Walk the neighborhood at least 3-4 days a week. This will not happen until spring, I’m sure. I have been working out 3-5 days a week at the gym, though. Yay me!
- Organize my sewing area and bedroom. Sewing area is in progress. Bedroom is a beast and very overwhelming. I’ll get to it soon. We’re planning on moving and I need to get that stuff under control so we can pack and go when we need to.
Starting Weight: 198
Ending Weight: 198
Exercises/Classes Liked: Zumba! Loved the Zumba class. I went with a friend and we had so much fun! It’s now our standing gym date every week. I also really enjoyed the weight training.
Exercises/Classes Not Liked: None, but I hate that I have to use baby weights right now. Oh well, I’ll get stronger in time.
Adherence to Smaller/Frequent Meals: About 80% of the time. There was one day that I didn’t and man, was I hungry!
Motivational Reward for the Week: I went 5 days! I did scented baths each night, that I felt up to it. It was lovely. Also, I’ll be giving myself a facial at home sometime this weekend as my reward for going the whole week.
I’m really enjoying posting my weekly menu plan every Monday. So much so that I want to try another weekly post series called Fitness Friday.
I want to post weekly on how well I stuck to my plan of going to the gym 5 days a week (M-F). Yesterday I just joined World Gym in my town. They have an AMAZING facility. It’s a somewhat new gym so it’s pretty high-tech. I mean, they have a cardio theater! You literally can watch films on a big movie screen while you mindlessly do your cardio on the machines. I was able to get a rather good deal, but it’s only a good deal if I actually use it.
My last attempt at being a gym member was less than great, mainly because I just never went. I never had a set schedule of when I wanted to go, never really took advantage of classes, got a trainer but didn’t do training sessions (big mistake for me, I need accountability), and never really utilized all their services. Well, that was a different gym and I am a better me.
I’m fed up with being overweight. I’m fed up with being tired all the time and being insanely out of shape. I have time to work out. I enjoy working out. I love lifting weights and doing group classes for yoga and zumba. I love using an elliptical. Heck, I love to run… when I’m not 70 pounds overweight and it hurts to run. I don’t love my body, and honestly my body isn’t loving me back. So, I’m pissed off at my current state of physical existence and being pissed is the best motivator I’ve found to getting things done effectively when I have motivation problems.
I actually have a pretty good diet for what I normally eat. I have two failings, though… snacking on things I shouldn’t and portion control. Basically, I need to start eating more than 3 balanced meals with snacks. I need to start eating like 5 smaller balanced meals, maybe 6. Going to start that tomorrow.
So here’s what I’m planning to include in my posts for this series:
Start of Week Weight
End of Week Weight
Net Loss or Gain
Exercises/Classes I Liked
Exercises/Classes I Didn’t Like
Adherence (or not) to Smaller Meals More Frequently
Motivational Reward for the Week
So, it’s time for a new year and time for new goals. Last year’s goals were not too bad, really. I did a few of them, which is better than none I think. Here’s the recap:
- Rebuild my wardrobe. – This is still in progress by the end of 2011 and I’ve made significant progress. I got rid of a TON of clothing (donated/freecycled) and I have been steadily building a really wearable wardrobe that I love.
- Get my craft mojo back! – I hardly did any knitting or crocheting, but I did get my craft mojo seriously going with decorating projects and sewing.
- Cull excess crap from my surroundings and life. – I got rid of all the excess knitting/crocheting supplies that I was NEVER going to use and no longer loved. Yay! I also moved my sewing space from the bedroom into the great room and reorg’ed it a bit. It still needs more organization work, though.
- Land my first RN job! – I got my RN license and got my first job! Yay! I start Jan. 2012!
- Get our finances in better order. – This finally started happening around the end of the year. I got into bulk cooking which has saved us a LOT of money, and we’ve been doing less frivolous spending.
- Prepare to buy our first house. – Didn’t happen.
- Devote more energy into my relationship with Bill. – Made some small improvements, but there’s still a TON of room left to be better.
- Devote more energy into my relationships with Evie and Abbie. – I think I made pretty good strides with this, but there’s always room for improvement.
- Try out for another play! – I’ve decided to not try out for acting gigs for now. I got involved in costuming and really love it.
- Prepare for my first competitive run. – Yeah, um, didn’t happen. My large rear end was way too comfy to sit on this year.
- Go out and sing karaoke! – Didn’t happen.
I’m actually pretty proud of how much I did do as far as my goals this past year. Yay me! Now, this year I want to accomplish the following… or at least make progress towards these things:
- Sew more clothes for myself and the kids. I really want more dresses. I also want to make myself a pair of pants that fit me well. I’m currently in process of preparing my dream winter coat for sewing, so that will be first on the list to get done.
- Boost my little side business, sewing custom clothing and alterations. I have 5 potential dresses to make this coming year. I need to confirm them asap and make sure I have satisfied customers so they can recommend me to others.
- Complete the BSN portion of my RN to MSN Education degree. I’m starting Jan. 2, 2012 with Western Governor’s University. I really think this is totally doable. I’d like to get my MSN within 2 years, tops.
- Save money for our first house. We are tightening our belts a bit so we can start saving for a down payment. Now is really the time for us to buy so we just need to get our money in order for it.
- Improve my relationship with Bill and the kids. I adore my family and need to make sure they are aware of that daily.
- Finish one knitted item. I have a sweater for myself and one for my mother in the works. I need to FINISH something. Even if I don’t love doing it anymore I want to make sure I finish what I promised to do.
- Walk the neighborhood at least 3-4 days a week. My large rear end is SUPER comfy, but.. it’s a big BUTT, and I want to get it just a little smaller. So I need to start moving, regularly. Not in the hyper spurts that I tend to do. I have severe motivation issues and lose steam with most exercise, but I really enjoy walking my neighborhood. It’s scenic and peaceful, so I need to use that to my advantage and do something.
- Organize my sewing area and bedroom. They both need SERIOUS help. This is a big challenge for me as I’m kind of chaos incarnate and don’t really have an organized bone in my body. lol But I gotta try.
I think that’s it. Fewer things than last year, but things that are far more important to me at this point.
I hope you all have a happy, prosperous and safe New Year!
So, I’ve been a lazy bum. Really, I have. Now I’m fed up and sick of being tired, so I’m back to exercising. Unlike before I’m doing it small at first and working my way to more intense exercise. I’m really hoping not to burn out. I’ve completed Day 1 today. It took me 4 minutes. Not bad. 🙂 I should be finished this on Sept. 26 and ready to move on to something more intense. I’m planning to try out 30 Day Shred after this plan. I’ve heard lots of good things and it was on sale at the store last night, so I grabbed it.
This month I want to:
Go swimming at least 2-3x per week, weather permitting
Do Zumba 3x per week
Make Bead Challenge Entry – DUE Aug. 17
Sew a blouse for myself and a new dress for both girls. Also, a dress for myself if I have time.
Refab a vintage dress.
Get ready for BACK TO SCHOOL!!! Shop, shop, shop and get into new routines. FIRST DAY Aug. 29
Recolor my hair.
These are the biggies that I really, really want to get done. Of course I have other goals that recur every month, but I’m not going to bother to list those.
Cycle 1, Day 3
Morning Weight: 178.2 lbs
Breakfast – Yogurt and berries w/ green tea
Morning Snack – Water
Lunch – Salad with tuna and Italian vinaigrette
Afternoon Snack – Sugar snap peas and water.
Afternoon Snack 2 – 1 serving potato chips (yep, I caved)
Dinner – Fajitas at a local Mexican restaurant, didn’t eat the tortilias, but did eat some chips and salsa… I was bad. But I was celebrating! lol Iced tea sweetened with Splenda.
Dessert – 1/2 cup sorbet and water
I kinda blew the “diet” today, but I don’t really care. I had a day where years of stress and distress, and a lifetime of dreams became a reality. I took and passed my NCLEX-RN exam! I’m a registered nurse now! Yay! I’ve wanted to be a nurse since I was 3 years old. A few celebratory calories were in order. lol