Sewing: Gypsy Costume

Standard

Today I’m working on a commissioned jacket for a client so I’m going to post up a costume I made last month for a fairy/gypsy party at a friend’s house.

The underskirt and overskirt were made with no patterns. Just winged it. The peasant blouse I self drafted a pattern for. The turban was made from 2 shirts I never wear (brown t-shirt for the turban, and the roses came from a halter I never wear). I added a vintage button to the center of the roses on the turban for a little glitz. The shawl is one I knit in January.  Altogether the costume cost me $7 for the bangle bracelets on my right hand. The red fabric is from a window scarf that I no longer use (lots of yardage there!) and the green fabric was some I had purchased at least 15 years ago with intentions of making a dress that never happened. Still have a couple yards left over of it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s