I really love Starbuck’s Ultimate Oatmeal. Heck, I just love oatmeal! But the added berries and nuts in SB’s version is awesome! I came up with my own that I really enjoy. It’s filling, delicious, and healthy! This could easily be converted to gluten free (by purchasing GF certified oats) or even vegan by replacing the honey with a vegan (if you subscribe to honey not being vegan) sweetener alternative, like maybe agave nectar, or even maple syrup (which is fabulous in this, I can say from experience!). Basically any liquid sweetener would work. Here’s one of my favorite breakfast recipes:
Relynn’s Ultimate Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Roasted Almond Slices
- 1 Tablespoon Clover Honey
- Combine oats, raisins, cranberries, and almonds in a bowl.
- Add water and microwave on high for 1 min. 30 secs. Or you may prepare on stove top according to oat package directions.
- Drizzle honey on top of cooked oatmeal mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
Super simple! I hope you enjoy it! And you can switch the dried fruit and roasted nuts for any you prefer! I’m sure fresh fruit would also be delicious.