Recipe of the Week for Jan. 23-29, 2011
No-Bake Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1/2 12 oz. package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used mixed corn, green beans, peas, carrots and lima beans) or more if you like
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 soup can milk
- 1/2 cup longhorn cheddar, shreded, plus more for garnish
- 1 6oz can tuna in water, drained
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, but be sure to lightly salt the water. Add frozen vegetables during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- In the same pot melt butter and sautee the onion over medium high heat until translucent.
- Add soup, milk, cheese and tuna to the pot and stir until well blended.
- Add the drained noodles and vegetables to the pot and stir to cover well. You may need to add a tiny bit more milk to thin the sauce a bit.
- Serve with some freshly grated cheese on top. Enjoy!